Monday, November 20, 2006

I have been called a slut at least 5.7 million times just in the last, oh, 8 years or so. When I was younger, really until I got into my 20's, it really hurt my feelings. I've always had a ball busting attitude but when someone called me a slut or a whore I would honestly feel bad about myself. I'd wonder if maybe I was too flirty. If I'd kissed too many boys. At one point I even went on a kick where I was bound and determined to find out what was the "normal" amount of sexual activity for a girl my age to be having. Of course it was then that I discovered that as a whole our country is one big slutbag and what might be "normal" is still a rather hefty number.

The funny thing is, back then I was a good girl. Now granted, I had sex but mostly i was a make out bandit. The year following my first kiss I made out with 23 different guys that I can actually remember. I loved to kiss. That was my thing and it still kind of is. Is there anything better than a great kiss?

By the time I was settled into college I stopped worrying about the labels people would put on me for being outgoing and liking men. I started to be more honest with myself and as a result I ended up having a lot more fun in ALL aspects of my life, not just my sex life.

It's funny how many guys will call you a tramp when you dump them. The very ting they liked most about you is the very thing they throw back in your face when it's all over. You have no idea how many walking penises have called me a slut after I told them they wouldn't be getting inside my pink coochie walls anymore.

So what's the difference between a slut and a woman who is just sexually open?

I guess it's like anything else. Everyone has their own version of the definition. To me, a slut is someone who goes around and has sex with anyone who's willing to slip her the hot beef injection. A slut has sex for attention and for love. She does it because that's the only way she knows how to feel desired and good about herself. She has no standards and most of the time doesn't get a great deal of joy out of the situation. It's more a mental thing than a sexual thing. See, I can be Dr. Phil.

To me there's a vast difference between those who have sex to fix their broken innereds and those of us who really enjoy sex ALOT and want to have it as often as possible. There are standards, there are rules, there are understandings and we know how to tell the difference between pure lust and something more. We can have sex without it having to be some poetic thing. Sex sometimes can just be sex and it can be great and it doesn't have to mean anything more than that.

On that note I didn't have any sex this weekend. Everyone was thinking I was going to go out and straddle the first face that smiled at me, but I didn't. Mostly because I was tired this weekend and because during what little time I did spend out on the town I didn't meet any guy that was worthy of what my vag has to offer.

It's almost Thanksgiving and I have to make the sad little trek to my parent's house. I leave Wednesday night and won't return until Sunday morning. Can you feel the excitement through the screen? Can you?

11 comments:

Memphis said...

I always thought of a slut as a girl who would sleep with any guy, but who used it as a weapon or a tool to manipulate people. I don't think of a girl who just has lots of sex as a slut. She has to be abusing it somehow and abusing the guys at the drop of a hat. Or, like you said, she may just be using it as some kind of psychological substitute for something. Basically, she's messed up and sleeps with way too many people, including people that normal people would look at and say "ewwwwwww." Sometimes women complain that there isn't a word to describe male sluts, but eventually the girl will call some of the guys she slept with 'assholes' and that's pretty much the same. It just happens to cover a whole array of sins for the guys.

To be honest, I hadn't thought about it that much. I've never thought of you as a slut or a whore. I've just thought of you as wild and single. Usually when people throw an insult like that in your face it's just to try to hurt you. It doesn't have to have anything to do with reality.

PJay said...

You remind of the girl that everyone wants to be around because she is so much fun. The life of the party, if you will. Carefree, living life, and having fun. More people should aspire to be like you.

New Texan said...

Let me guess... Walsh called you a slut?

Jon said...

I agree with Memphis. Women that use sex as a tool or weapon, or a psychological crutch are the sluts. If having lots of sex with lots of partners is slutty, then 2003 was a really slutty year for me :D

How about this slut buy you a drink ;)

Steph said...

Texan- Nope, Walsh didn't call me a slut. I haven't talked to him since we decided to refrain from having sex with eachother. Actually no one called ME a slut. Someone called my friend Kiki a slut and it stirred up this lovely topic of discussion

JohnnyBoy said...

I'm curiously aroused by this blog topic...

Blondie said...

I love your blogs! I love the way you write. You honesty and open attitude is so refreshing. You say everything people are afraid to say and I love it.

I read your first blog religiously and now finally started up one of my own chronically my newly single life experiences. Drop by if you can and say hello. I'll continue to read whatever shit you come up with next.

New Texan said...

Hey if memory serves, didn't you walk in on your parents last year over the Turkey Day holiday?

browser58 said...

Great entry. I agree with you. A slut is someone who has a lot of sex but not because she (or he) enjoys it.

I agree on kissing, I think that it is highly underrated today. Nothing like a makeout session with an accomplished kisser.

ShelloKittyLuv said...

Slut.

(5,700,001)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

unique_stephen said...

I'm a boy slut. I'd never date a chick that wasn't a kinky slut.