Monday, November 27, 2006

Nothing much has changed in the few months since I had seen my family.

My mother is still wanting me to marry the first man who'll have me. She's still reminding me my birthday is only a few months away and that I'm not getting any younger. She's also reminding me (the med student) that I only have a limited number of eggs and every month another one bites the dust...a baby that could have been.

My dad still has wicked IBS and is still making hourly trips to the bathroom where he camps out for a good 20 minutes "reading" the Maxim mags he's hidden from my mother.

My brother is still married to a heinous, dirty bitch who still complains about how her family does everything "different" (aka BETTER).

My OTHER is still half the woman I am. Muahahahahahaha.

4 1/2 days is too long to be with my family, all under one roof with food cooking. It's too much.


A weekend recap:

* My mom was supposed to pick me up from the airport but forgot. So she made me wait in the airport for another 3 hours until my brother's plain got in.

* She made porkchops, a food I absolutely abhor, so I was forced to eat a Hot Pocket that I'm pretty sure has been sitting in the very back of their fridge for no less than 5 years.

* When I got the shits from said expired Pocket she made me vomit from the ass in the basement bathroom (which isn't completely finished yet) because she didn't want me "stinking up the entire house with your bowel movements".

* My mom woke me up at 5:00am Thursday morning to run to the grocery store and go on a hunt for some freak ass brand of bread that apparently is so rare even Jesus himself couldn't find it.

* My OTHER dropped the stuffing and blamed it on me. I then was reminded how irresponsible I am. Apparently 90 cent Stove Top Stuffing is the muthafuckin holy grail and can't be trusted to the likes of me.

* The turkey was dry and when no one was stuffing themselves with it my mom cried in the bathroom for a good 15 minutes before reminding all of us that she gave birth to us and we should be more grateful for all of her sacrafices.

* My dad clogged the toilet because I'm pretty sure he shit out a whole turkey. His ass gave birth to it. So we had to call a plumber who couldn't come until Friday morning and then had to charge out the ass (pun intended).

* The women of the household went shopping, braving the crowds of angry housewives and old ladies. My mother literally grabbed a toy out of a child's hands and then ran away before anyone could beat her thieving ass.

* Patrick called Kiki Friday night to find out if I was in town because he and his brothers were going to go to my favorite bar and he didn't want to risk a run in.

* Walsh called me 5 times and sent me 3 text messages and an email wanting to know if we could hang out while he was in town for the weekend.

* He then sent me a nasty email telling me I'm being immature for ignoring him.

14 comments:

Blondie said...

Your family stories are hilarious. Your mother sounds like a trip. I'm the black sheep of my family too so I can relate

JohnnyBoy said...

Black sheep here too. Luckily though my family is all old now and we don't get together for holidays anymore...yippee, lucky me!

Scott said...

Steph, you have a unique way of describing things that makes me laugh my ass off! I really do enjoy reading your blog.

PJay said...

It wouldn't be a Steph post without any bowl movement mentions.

Kudos!!

New Texan said...

at least you didnt walk in on your parents having sex...

Blogosaurus Rex said...

I realize I should maybe know this from before (forgive me if this is so), but what is your "OTHER"?

I think Walsh is in love with you. Awwwwwww.... (barf)

Memphis said...

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in your house. No I wouldn't. I'd love to be a stalker peeking in through the windows to see what goes on in your house on a holiday like Thanksgiving. And I LOVE that your shits are so famous that your own mom made you go downstairs to poop! That's too funny.

browser58 said...

Hmmm, I think I saw that episode on the Waltons many years ago, where they all get e-coli infections over Thanksgiving and fill the outhouse.

I could have been worse, you could have stayed longer.

I second the question, who is your OTHER?

Screw Patrick, if he runs into you he needs to just suck it up.

Walsh is an ass and only thinking with his little brain.

Memphis said...

For some stupid reason it makes me feel good to think that I know who OTHER is. I may not know your last name. I may not know where you live. I may never have had sex with you or watched you have sex with anyone else. I may never have seen you drunk. But at least I have that. Yeah, I rock.

But I will never tell, 'cause then I wouldn't feel special anymore.

And also because you might hurt me.

Memphis said...

Can I tag you with a stupid blog tag? It's one of those "tag, now you have to blog about this" things. With most people I just jump on them and say "tag!" but with you I know you're not going to do it unless you say you will 'cause you don't usually do the tag thing.

JS said...

Steph, I'm a new reader of your blog, but my suggestion is to move at least 900 miles from home and stop going home for any and all reasons except for immediate family member's death. Even then, stay with friends or at a hotel, and ONLY arrive the day before you need to be there and leave ASAP. I've had issues with my mom & dad and figured it was easier for me to drop them and move on with my life. So far, so good. They visit me, but must stay at a hotel, or we meet at a neutral site, but stay in different hotel rooms. I then leave ASAP. Arriving late and leaving ASAP is KEY!

Jon said...

Walsh thinks YOU'RE being immature??? What the fuck!?

Did you not know that Hot Pockets are filled with Colon Blow?

Miss Sarah said...

Oh I hear ya on the mom thing-- My mom reminds me all the fucking time that I'm never going to get married. Or begs someone that I do take home to meet them to "Please marry her!!!!" She told me at my daughters bday party that since I cant' find a boyfriend, maybe I should start looking for a girlfriend. Nice. Bitch.

Sounds like you had a great time :)

ShelloKittyLuv said...

"She's also reminding me (the med student) that I only have a limited number of eggs and every month another one bites the dust...a baby that could have been."

I have a feeling you would make Britney Spears look like a candidate for Mother of the Year.