Sunday, August 09, 2009

How more ADD can I possibly be? I see something shiny and I'm off the reservation for YEARS. I'm not dead. I wasn't sold into sexual slavery after shooting my mouth off to some Thai drug lord. It just wasn't doing it for me. I didn't have that same drive and passion for typing about my daily life anymore. I felt the need to perform and felt like a limp dick on prom night. Too much pressure.

Beyond that someone had stolen my pictures and made a blog on wordpress or something of the like. She wasn't nearly as funny as me but it was definitely a surreal moment in my life. Half the time I don't even want to be me. So I got her shit shut down and then even MORE didn't feel like blogging.

But now I'm back. For how long, not sure. Could be days, could be years. I'm restless. You all know this.

A lot has happened during my absence. One day I got a wild hair in my hooha and decided to move. I just packed my shit and moved to a new city without a friend, without a job, without a place to stay. It was a scary month and I was literally living out of a Super 8 motel that I'm pretty sure doubled as a brothel when the sun went down. I have seen some shit, let me tell you. But I finally found a job that I actually love. I found an apartment that didn't smell like vagina blood and urine. And I met a boy. A cute boy with dimples who wore polo shirts and had dinner with his sick grandmother once a month. A good boy who was honest and romantic and who could hump like you wouldn't believe. Eye watering sexual skills this man had.

So we flirted. And we dated. And we had amazing sex in every imaginable place. We held hands. We started dating eachother exclusively. We met eachother's parents. We bought a dog together. We bought a house together. He got down on one knee, asked me to be his forever and I said yes.

That's right kids. Someone gave me a big sparkly and I promised to be with him for the rest of my life. Never did I ever think I would do something like that. Can I just tell you that my mother was beside herself with glee. Actual glee. Like squealing with delight.

And now it's over. Come on, you saw it coming. We were together for almost 2 years and it just got boring. We were both bored. So instead of being bored and miserable for the rest of our lives we called it quits.

I'm not meant to be married. This of course destroyed my mother. She didn't speak to me for 2 weeks. I might as well have brought Jesus back to life and stabbed him in the testicles. She might have treated me better had that been the case.

So I have been back on the singles scene for almost 3 months. And now I'm remembering how painful and annoying dating is. Every guy irritates me. No one is interesting or original. They're all copies of eachother. Paper cut out douche bags who think they're cute and funny but they're soooo wrong. And I'm soooo not afraid to let them know.

9 comments:

Jon said...

Me post more... You should fucking talk!

How the hell are ya?

Jon said...

OK... because you told me to, I posted. I feel so submissive.

Jon said...

So I took your slap in my face as a call to arms. I posted... without even reading what you put out there. Now that I have... UGH. I SOOO understand what you are feeling about the douche bag brigade.

I have avoided dating (for the most part) for the last couple years because I just didn't have it in me to put up with the bullshit anymore. I dabble with seeing people no and then, but it's mostly I just go out with someone to make me feel like I have a social life. The fact of the matter is, it is the same shit over and over.

Now the big question... Why the hell did you move somewhere without having a job? Are you insane? OK, that was a silly question. You're probably one of the more sane people I know (sort of know). I guess I am just too much of a chicken shit to do such a ballzy thing. A friend of mine did that back in the early 90s. Packed his shit and moved to LA without a job. He is still there and doing well, so it works... but DAMN.

I feel a little bad for your mom, but you can't live your life through her standards. Obviously you don't, but I do hope you find happiness the Steph way.

{{{HUGS}}}

Steph said...

Jon you are so my bitch

Jon said...

Treat me like the bitch that I am

Memphis said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have gone through so much turmoil, including a divorce. But I am glad to see you back again. You make me smile, even if you haven't ever performed oral sex on me or anything. Oh, just a side note, Jesus asked me to tell you that he didn't really appreciate the testicle-stabbing crack, but that he still loves you anyway.

Steph said...

Steve I didn't get divorced you fool. We just broke off the engagement

Memphis said...

How did I miss that? I must have left my brain in my other ass.

Clint said...

holy shit....I have felt like such a freaky stalker checking your page every few months to see if you got bored....shit...looks like i have some reading to do! good to see you back?